Games I bought in August, 2014
- 2014.08.08: GIGANTIC ARMY
- 2014.08.08: Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
- 2014.08.08: PixelJunk Shooter
- 2014.08.08: Astebreed
- 2014.08.20: Azure Striker Gunvolt
- 2014.08.20: Mighty Gunvolt
- 2014.08.23: Majin Shojo -Chronicle 2D ACT-
- 2014.08.28: VVVVVV (iOS Version)
Regret! Oh the deep regret! Or something. I picked up the Humble Bundle with a load of Japanese games but it turns out that I had two of them (Ys Origin and One Way Heroics) and the remainder don’t do anything for me. Then there was Azure Striker Gunvolt, which was a huge letdown and a reminder for me to not get all up in the hype-zone, as the kids are apt to say. Majin Shojo -Chronicle 2D ACT- is showing its weaknesses as I near the end of the game, but for ¥400 it managed to provide the experience I was hoping Gunvolt would give me. For a buck, playing VVVVVV on my iPhone was a good experience simply for getting an idea of good ways to transition games to a touch screen. And the music.
Games I beat in August, 2014
- 2014.08.02: Ys: The Oath in Felghana
- 2014.08.04: Shank
- 2014.08.04: Ys 3 Wanderers from Ys (Replay)
- 2014.08.10: Hebereke
- 2014.08.22: Mighty Gunvolt
- 2014.08.29: VVVVVV (iOS Version)
With school out for summer, I managed to bring myself up to 28 games completed this year, but it is amazing how a cold can wreck you. I did complete Hebereke while feverish, but that weird thought of “Oh, maybe when I catch a cold and can’t get out of bed I’ll get to this backlog of games I have!” is shown to be patently stupid when one is bedridden and cannot find the energy to even keep eyes open. I’m not sure how I beat Hebereke, but I do remember enjoying doing it.
Shank was a bit gross, but I ended up playing through it anyway. Playing Ys 3 right after the remake was eye opening. Mighty Gunvolt needs its own post to express the sadness.