There’s a decent selection of stuff this week. I am curious why the 3DS is slowing up while the Wii U is picking up speed, however.
Wii U VC
- Neutopia (PC Engine): ¥617 (¥360 HuCard-only on Suruga-ya)
- Gradius (PC Engine): ¥617 (¥630 HuCard-only, ¥1700 complete on Suruga-ya)
- Mystic Quest (Super Famicom): ¥823 (¥210 cart-only, ¥830 complete on Suruga-ya)
- Castlevania 3 (Famicom): ¥514 (¥2290 cart-only on Suruga-ya)
Neutopia is a Zelda-like that has fairly decent reputation, awful NA cover but a NA release nonetheless. Of the many Gradius releases there have been,
The real excitement this week is Mysitc Quest. Since my SuFami cart is (thankfully) one of the few games I have with a dead battery, it seems like a good time to go digital. FFMQ is easily the one FF game that gets the most undeserved hate. It also has the most butt-rockiest soundtrack.
Oh yeah, I guess Castlevania 3 is cool too.
- Donkey Kong Land 2 (Game Boy): ¥411 (¥280 cart-only on Suruga-ya)
Continuing with the confusing stream of titles, Donkey Kong Land 2 is Donkey Kong Land in Japan. the NA DKL is, as we saw two weeks ago, Super Donkey Kong GB in Japan. Oh, my poor head. Same as before, similar to DKC 2 with redesigned stages.