Bit of a weird week. Nothing on Wii U today, but tomorrow…
Wii U VC
- WarioWare (Game Boy Advance): ¥702 (¥160 cart-only, ¥627 on Suruga-ya)
- Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (Game Boy Advance): ¥702 (¥1310 cart-only, ¥2036 on Suruga-ya)
- Super Mario Advance 2 (Game Boy Advance): ¥702 (¥940 cart-only, ¥1821 on Suruga-ya)
- Game Boy Wars Advance 1+2 (Game Boy Advance): ¥702 (¥2190 cart-only on Suruga-ya)
- Golden Sun (Game Boy Advance): ¥702 (¥450 cart-only, ¥1141 on Suruga-ya)
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Game Boy Advance): ¥702 (¥210 cart-only, ¥268 on Suruga-ya)
A load of Game Boy Advance games to play kind-of-portably-but-not! Three of the six were part of the Ambassador Program, but are now available… Not for sale on the 3DS. Huh. Super Mario Advance 2 is weird because Super Mario World is available on the Wii U’s VC. Golden Sun and Game Boy Wars Advance 1+2, which is both Advance Wars games packaged together, is mighty tempting, especially since it is B1G13PO[ref]Buy One Get One Thirty Percent Off[/ref], who is my favorite droid. The site says it is ¥702 for each game tax included, which is a weird price, but these are weird times we are living in. Eight percent tax. ¥702 plus ¥490, which means ¥1192 for two games. Not bad! Anyway! At least we are getting something today on the 3DS VC.
- Super Donkey Kong GB (Game Boy): ¥411 (¥160 cart-only on Suruga-ya)
Known in North America as Donkey Kong Land, Super Donkey Kong GB is not a “port-down” of Donkey Kong Country[ref]Which is Super Donkey Kong in Japan. Makes more sense or makes it more likely that you would think that it is just a port?[/ref] but its own game. It also features one of the earliest Super Game Boy backgrounds, but I would assume that is all lost in the 3DS VC, right?